[Scribus] How to uniformly scale images

Calum Polwart scribus
Mon Jan 30 19:23:53 CET 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 18:11 +0000, Julian Robbins wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've been using Scribus 1.2 and 1.3 series for a while, but still havent
> found if there is a way to uniformly scale images, by dragging a handle.
> Usually, I just end up accidently changing the aspect ratio which isn't
> what I want to do.
>
> Inkscape have implemented this nice and simply (you grab the diagonal
> stretcher), but in Scribus I have to goto the Properties, click the lock
> to ensure the scaling is identical, and increase the spinner but this is
> a bit long winded and gives less control for such a simple job to perform.
>
> Is it me, or is there a simpler way?

I reported this as a bug because I thought it didn't work! but it does -
you just need to know how!!

Use [CTRL] when you click the corner handlebar (slider) - and for some
objects you will only be able to use one of the handlebars - I think its
bottom right.

I find that I have to be holding CNTRL down BEFORE I click - you can't
click then add the CTRL... which I think is different from quite a few
apps I've used.

Calum