[Scribus] Importing html

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach
Sat Jan 28 12:14:00 CET 2006

Dnia sobota, 28 stycznia 2006 01:18, John R. Culleton napisa?:

> One by one I am bringing up each html in lynx.Then I copy and
> paste the text for each page of each html into the gvim session.

You can make it faster (easier?) with -dump option of lynx. Try

lynx -dump file.html > file.txt
lynx -dump file2.html >> file.txt

With a bit of effort, maybe with a bit of renaming of files to get
proper order you could do::

    touch file.txt
    for i in *.html; do
	    lynx -dump $i >> file.txt
	    # Instead of double new-line you could pass some TeX
	    # commands, just remember about escaping of backslashes
	    echo "\n\n" >> file.txt
    done

This is hardcore unix way, maybe for automation after each CVS update.

OpenOffice.org 2.0 has surprisingly good HTML import. Just use
Insert->File... menu and get all files. After that export to PDF.

m.