[Scribus] PDF generation (was: Time to defend your use of libPDF)

Gerhard Gaußling ggnewsletter
Fri Jan 27 01:03:40 CET 2006

Am Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2006 08:12 schrieb Craig Ringer:
> Note that any move to a separate PDF library would involve a partial
> or near-total re-write of Scribus's PDF output code. That's a really
> big job, and one that'd no doubt introduce as many bugs as it solved
> to start with. We can't just "drop in a PDF library" or swap "libpdf"
> out for one. The original poster needs to understand this, and
> clearly does not given the rather confrontational mail subject.
That sounds to me like the developement of GEGL for theGIMP.
But it always has it's advantages to make things as modular as they
could be. That's the Way Adobe develops his stuff now, I think...