[Scribus] Tutorial reference

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Thu Jan 26 01:20:07 CET 2006

Am Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2006 00:56 schrieb Mark Nowiasz:
> Am Mittwoch, den 25.01.2006, 23:49 +0000 schrieb Benjamin Green:
> > I got posting via the LTSP discussion list about Scribus, there where
> > some
> >
> > comments listed. The last one intrigued me:
> > > 3. The tutorial was inappropriate for primary school. The example
> > > graphics were photos of sexual stone carvings (like kama sutra)!
> > > Otherwise didn't hear to many complaints.
> >
> > What tutorial is this and is there one with less sex?
>
> Don't know but I myself find the notion of teaching a DTP program in
> *primary school* much more strange than any sexual associations of stone
> carvings :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

Exactly my thoughts. Kids in primary school have to learn writing and math
basics, and they almost certainly don't know enough arithmetics to use a DTP
app succesfully. People normally get accustomed to this kind of software
after finishing school, either in their training for the job or during their
studies. And that's early enough, IMHO.

Seems to me like much ado about nothing.

Cheers,

Christoph