[Scribus] Printed document does not show transparency

phriedrich phriedrich
Wed Jan 25 12:13:16 CET 2006

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 01:45:56 -0800 (PST)
"Sam @ Cariss (sent by Nabble.com)" <lists at nabble.com> wrote:

> I have got two or three items/graphics which I have made a bit more
> transparent.  It looks fine on the screen but when I print, it doesn't
> show them as transparent but as they would be without the
> transparency.  Is it something to do with the printer or Scribus? --

Check what version of PDF you have selected for output.
For transparency at least 1.3(?) is needed, but you can also use 1.4.

PDF/X3 also doesn't support for some reasons.

But this are limitations/restrictions of the certain PDF formats, not of
scribus.

Best regards,
phriedrich