[Scribus] lazy question

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Mon Jan 16 20:42:33 CET 2006

Donny Phillips a ?crit :

> Actually I looked and tried so forgive me:
>
> I want to read in a big text file into a text box and have my book grow
> in pages automatically to hold my text.

Hi,

Check the "Automatic text frame" option in the "New" dialog.
Import your whole text in page 1 via the "Get text" command.
Then create as many pages as you need from the Page menu.
Then refresh the screen.
Your text will fill as many pages as it needs.

This can also be done by hand using the "Link" tool.

Depending upon Scribus versions, there might be slight changes in that
behaviour but basically this is how it works.

HTH

Louis