[Scribus] Simplified Chinese translation

Kite Lau kitelau
Fri Jan 13 07:55:51 CET 2006

? 2006-01-12?? 23:01 +0800?Craig Ringer???
> Craig Bradney wrote:
> > On Thursday 12 January 2006 14:52, Kite Lau wrote:
> >> I have to to use "scribus --lang zh_CN" every time to have Chinese menu.
> >> If I use "scribus" only, the menu is in English only. What could have
> >> been missed?
> >
> > Thats correct, or, export LANG=zh_CN, and running "scribus" will use it. In
> > 1.3.x, you can set the GUI language in preferences so you dont need an
> > environment variable or command line option.
>
> If your whole system's language and locale is Chinese, then Scribus
> should use that. If you think it should, please post the output of the
> `locale' command in reply to this mail.
>
> --
> Craig Ringer

My current system wide locale output is:
LANG=zh_CN.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=zh_CN.UTF-8

My finding just now was that if the "Chinese" was selected within the
Scribus (1.3.2cvs) preference panel, I MUST use scribus --lang zh_CN to
bring Chinese interface. I happened to select "empty" for the language
option within Scribus preference, scribus now default to Chinese
interface under above-said locale. Perhaps the "Chinese" option points
to English by mistakes?

Regards,

Kite