[Scribus] Simplified Chinese translation

Kite Lau kitelau
Thu Jan 12 13:53:46 CET 2006

? 2006-01-12?? 09:59 +0000?MaHan???
> --- Craig Bradney <cbradney at zip.com.au> wrote:
>
> > On Thursday 12 January 2006 09:41, Kite Lau wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I did not find any simplified Chinese translation
> > for Scribus available.
> > > I would like to contribute if there is any easy
> > way to do so. I used
> > > gvim or poedit to do translation for po file of
> > efax-gtk but I do not
> > > know whether the process is the same for QT based
> > program.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Kite
> > >

> > Hi,
> >
> > There was someone contributing a long time ago for
> > simplified Chinese but has
> > never really done anymore than one submission.
> > Please feel free to take the
> > existing file in CVS, or if you must, start a new
> > one in PO format. We
> > generally lean towards TS format as it fits better
> > with Qt apps. KBabel or QT
> > Linguist, or even a text editor can be used to
> > update a ts file.
> >

> Additionally, please have a look this translation
> howto:
>
> http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=translation_howto
>

> and at this glossary of technical terms used in
> Scribus:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Glossary_of_technical_terms_used_in_Scribus_and_its_translations
>
> good luck
> Maciej

Thanks for the advice. I have found my way to edit scribus.zh_CN.ts file
with gvim because I am under gnome. I translated hundreds of lines first
to test it. It worked!  I can see some items are now in Chinese within
Scribus here. I will try to complete the task asap. I hope that this
translation will boost Scribus user numbers greatly :)

Rgds,

Kite