[Scribus] Exporting to PDF

Calum Polwart scribus
Sun Jan 8 14:49:11 CET 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-07 at 20:53 +0000, Calum Polwart wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-01-08 at 02:28 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
>
> > Calum,
> >
> > First on the matter of your PDFs. SingleDiagramNoResample.pdf and
> > SingleDiagram300Resample.pdf appear to be alright, but SingleDiagram.pdf
> > is hopelessly corrupt. This is most likely a Scribus bug.
> >
> > I have not been able to reproduce this corruption with current CVS using
> > your document. When I export it with a variety of settings it works just
> > fine. I'd really appreciate it if you could try starting with a blank
> > document and writing down each step you take to get the corrupt PDF from
> > that point.
> >

> Mmmm... that's ominous... you can import the EPS as a raster - I can't
> even do that now with the 3rd January cvs!

Using the 8th January CVS I am able to import again -- But unable to
reproduce the error...! So whatever you guys have tweaked in the last
month has fixed it.

I also have GS 8.5.3 (and Yum decided to update cups, xpdf and various
other thin gs that looked like they might be pdf related as well last
night.) Have also upgraded Inkscape

Only problem I now seem to have is that multipage pdf's seem not to
print more than one page at a time - but I guess that may be my pdf
viewers/printers rather than anything to do with scribus... will try one
from windows and will post back with a new thread if I still have
troubles.

Calum