[Scribus] how to export embedded pdfs

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Fri Jan 6 22:49:37 CET 2006

Asif Lodhi a ?crit :

> Hi David,
>
> David Christian Berg wrote:
>

>>Ok, here we go again:
>>
>>Now I've put all of my business card files into new documents to have
>>the bleed on pdf export adjusted to 1 mm.
>>

> I would be thankful if, for my own knowledge, you could explain to me
> the meaning/definition of "bleed" or give me some online links for
> definitions/articles.  I don't know.

"Bleed" stands for any element on the page that has to be printed to the
very edge of the sheet. To achieve a nice result, those elements must
overlap this "bleeding edge" by a small amount (3 mm or 1/8 of an inch
is usual) and be printed on the other side of the "trim marks". For
this, of course, you need to print on a larger sheet than the intended
result. "Bleed" effect will be achieve when the paper will be trimmed to
its final size at the end of the process.

HTH

Louis