[Scribus] Inkscape SVGs not working!

Ludi Maciel iludi
Fri Jan 6 21:09:21 CET 2006

Em Sex 06 Jan 2006 17:07, kenquad (sent by Nabble.com) escreveu:
> I'm using 1.2.2.1, and the drawing is 3" x 4".  It was created with
> Inkscape and has not been touched with any other program.  The GIMP will
> not open it, but Inkscape will reopen it with no problems.  The EPS export
> will make a decent workaround for me, but I had heard that an SVG remains
> editable inside Scribus.  This would be good for the company logo, as I
> have to change its color from ad to ad.
Update to the last 1.2.4.1.
The GIMP should open it, at least it (as bitmap, sure) open my Inkscape SVGs.
Your company logo should has transparent/degrade elements, isn't?

'Quote:
Text isn't supported fully yet.
Not all gradient styles are fully supported.
No support for masking and clipping
Embedded SVG-Images aren't supported.
The SVG should be well formed, with all tags and structures should be correct.
Corrupted SVGs could crash the plug-in.
Animations, multi-media and "extensions" or proprietary tags within SVG, which
can only be viewed with certain viewers."

I've tried to import a drawing of a bottle in SVG, but Scribus can't
understand part of the gradients elements, it just ignore it, so just part of
the bottle appears.
EPS should works fine for now (you can change colors, shape, size and whatever
else you want).
SVG is quite young and I think there isn't any program that support it 100% so
far (I might be wrong).

PS: As Peter said: "First, you should consider joining the mail list
directly."

Ludi.