[Scribus] Inkscape SVGs not working!

Ludi Maciel iludi
Fri Jan 6 17:30:29 CET 2006

Em Sex 06 Jan 2006 13:56, kenquad (sent by Nabble.com) escreveu:
> I'm sure this is a bogus error of the dumbell user variety, but when I
> create an svg in Inkscape and try to import it into Scribus, nothing
> happens.  No error message, no nothing.  Just nothing.  The explorer dialog
> disappears and my svg does not appear.  Help! --
> http://www.nabble.com/Inkscape-SVGs-not-working%21-t864356.html#a2241533
> Sent from the Scribus forum at Nabble.com.
First, what version of Scribus are you using?
Second, what's the size of the drawing on the page? Sometimes you made it so
small that you can't even see it at 100%.
You have to be warned that Scribus has some limitations when importing SVGs
(please, refer to http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=scribus-svg)
Are you using Illustrator or Corel Draw to export the file? It can be their
problem too. In fact, I got a lot of troubles when I asked my classmate to
export her job to SVG using the Corel Draw.
Whatever, you can export it using EPS or PS format.

As a test, you could open it up using Gimp or Inkscape and see the results. If
anything happens, then you should export it again.
Try these things out and tell us what you got.
Bye.

Ludi