[Scribus] bleed for pdf-export

PLinnell mrdocs
Thu Jan 5 01:04:14 CET 2006

On Thursday 05 January 2006 00:45, David Christian Berg wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I'm sorry to abuse this list as a help, but Scribus help only
> throws up some bbleed and other options for pdf export and I have
> no clue, how to use them....
> I figured, I could just adjust the page size, but it didn't do
> _anything_.
>
> I'm left trying to find out, how to get the bleed I want.
>
> Thanx!
>
> David

In the absence of true bleeds here is what I do in 1.2.x or 1.3.2cvs.
1.3.2 makes it a bit easier, but I even recently did this for a cover
layout with 1.2.4cvs when we were breaking 1.3.2cvs a bit.

I create what ever pages and layout I need, then copy the pages over
to a page into a new doc which has pages 1 inch larger dimensions all
around.

Then those items which need to bleed, get resized to meet the bleed
requirements - typically .25" or 3 cm.

It sounds like more work than it is and I have had to do the same with
PDF's created with Indesign in the past when a printer changed
requirements on my client at the last minute.

Hope that helps,
Peter