[Scribus] Colour separations and line screen

Frank Cox melville.theatre
Tue Feb 28 05:03:53 CET 2006

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 01:18:07 +0100
Christoph Sch?fer <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> wrote:

> you aren't missing anything. Using the printing system as a RIP is a
> workaround. You should be able to get some of the options from a printer
> driver (if you don't have a postscript printer, add one from your printer
> setup dialog). In the printer settings, you will be able to define some, if
> not all the settings you need.

None of the settings for this printer appear to be what I need, at all.

The Printer Options settings that I have are as follows:
Economode; Job Name; Job Retention; Levels of Gray; Printer Resolution;
Resolution Enhancement; User Name; Watermark Angle; Watermark Font; Watermark
Intensity; Watermark Pages; Watermark Size (points); Watermark Style; Watermark
Text; Watermark/Overlay; 2-Sided Printing; Collate; Media Size; Media Type;
Tray 1 (Manual); Duplex Unit; Fit to Page; Printer Hard Disk; Total Memory;
Tray 3; Tray 4; Page Set; Mirror; Orientation; N-Up printing.

And that's the lot.

I have a HP 5100 and am using this:
http://www.linuxprinting.org/download/PPD/HP/mono_laser/HP_LaserJet_5100_Series.ppd

> There's a good reason RIPs are expensive, so don't expect any miracles :(

So, in view of the above, what exactly do I need to
download/purchase/find/whatever in order to be able to print proper plates for
a full-colour layout?  The Scribus "Print Separations" thing works great for
spot colour, and I was hoping to get something similar going for full colour as
well.

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~ http://theatre.sasktelwebsite.net