[Scribus] postnet codes

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Mon Feb 27 02:37:17 CET 2006

Craig Bradney wrote:
> Please a) regrab cvs as of now and retest the barcode generator b) submit 1
> bug with any deficiencies it has (apart from the vertical line issue which
> you have already submitted).

Will do right now.
Meanwhile, here is my script 'postnet.py', which will generate a Postnet
code in a Scribus document, and this code meets US Postal service
criteria for line size, spacing, thickness of lines, etc. You enter the
numbers via a Tk widget -- click Tk away when your entry appears in the
second window, and your code is printed. You must have a document open;
the script will convert your page dimensions to points; once it makes
your Postnet code you can switch it back.
The script can be tweaked for a default location, otherwise make a group
and move it where desired -- these are individual lines, not a graphic
in a frame.

The code is generated with the lines horizontal, but since most printers
print envelopes sideways this is preferred anyway.
Will plan on putting this in the Wiki.

Greg