[Scribus] Booklet print SOLVED

John R. Culleton john
Fri Feb 24 15:26:13 CET 2006

On Friday 24 February 2006 03:53, Wolfgang Dobler wrote:
> Asif Lodhi writes:
>  > > If somebody tells me that this would be interesting for the
>  > > Scribus+booklet wiki, I can insert a pointer there.
>  >
>  > Please do.
>
> OK, done:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/How_to_make_a_booklet#Method_A.27:_using_
>ps2book
>
> Please scrutinize and improve.
>

> W o l f g a n g

I print booklets in two formats using different techniques. In the
first I need to produce a fullsize 8.5 x 11inch booklet on tabloid
paper. After creating a PostScript file I run the following two
scripts. Note that my laser is non-duplexing so I have to fake
that capability:
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

psbook $1.ps $1b.ps
echo 'psnup'
psnup -2 -ptabloid -Pletter $1b.ps $1p.ps
echo 'psselect'
psselect -o   $1p.ps $1o.ps
psselect -e -r  $1p.ps $1e.ps
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
and then:
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
lpr $1o.ps
echo 'switch paper'
read x
lpr $1e.ps
#rm $1p.ps $1e.ps $1o.ps $1b.ps
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

For the second job I need to produce a fullsize pdf for online
use, and a half-page booklet for printing out. The Context
variant of TeX provides a conditional compile feature based on a
command line switch. Here is an extract from the head of the
file:

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
\setupoutput[pdftex]
\startmode[online]
\setuppapersize[letter][letter]
\setupcolors[state=start]
\stopmode

\startnotmode[online]
\definepapersize[half][width=5.5in,height=8.5in]
\setuppapersize[half][letter]
\setuparranging[2UP,rotated,doublesided]
\stopnotmode
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

The \papersize statement puts half size pages on lettersize
paper.

If someday Scribus could have  functionality similar to that
indicated in \setuparranging above that would be useful.

Later I have to divide the output into evens and odds as in the
first example.

Just FYI

John Culleton