[Scribus] [OT] Re: 'Adobe will release a full feature version of Acrobat for Linux.'

Gerhard Gaußling ggnewsletter
Thu Feb 23 23:53:00 CET 2006

Am Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2006 23:10 schrieb Dean McCorquodale:
> Has Scribus and Ghostscript etc spooked Adobe :-)
No, what we see here is a particular element of a workflow with an
integrated cms. The CMM is just a little, but elementary part of a cms
workflow. And in this particular regard lcms is very good and _can_
compete to the commercial pendants.

The advantage of the adobe workflow might be - in this step of evolution
of FOSS - usability.
Adobe managed it to be one of the leading enterprises of graphics
solutions, due to their efforts they are made by improving the
usability. They are leading in integrated color aware solutions.

But I think that does not affect the CMM. Little-cms, in my point of
view (afaik), can compete with adobe ACE, and colorSync.

But this is often like that: FOSS projects are sometimes superior or
equal to commercial products in their technical regard, but may could
not compete in usabity aspects. But nevertheless the FOSS projects are
going to make a really huge effort in this field too.

Kind regards

Gerhard Gau?ling