[Scribus] help with windows

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Wed Feb 22 14:28:21 CET 2006

Am Mittwoch, 22. Februar 2006 14:14 schrieb Nicholas Vettese:
> Is there anyway to incorporate everything necessary to run Scribus into one
> executable?  One download, all the programs, and an executable that will
> install it all for you.
>
> nick

Hi Nick,

while it's technically possible, it can't be done due to licensing issues.
Artifex Ghostscript (the latest and greatest) is distributed under a licence
incompatible with the GPL. You may distribute gs and the source code only for
non-commercial purposes. Scribus is under the GPL and can therefore be sold
at any price. One could integrate GPL ghostscript, but this version is way
behind Artifex ghostscript.

Cheers,

Christoph