[Scribus] Can't get text other than .txt

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Tue Feb 21 14:44:23 CET 2006

Hi Team,

I can't seem to get .odt or .sxw text. Only .txt will make it through
the "get text" process.

Also, I get annoying red squares into Scribus for non-breakable
spaces put by OO.org.

(The only way I found to get rid of those is through Search/Replace
... which is annoying. At least I can get rid of them. Even the Short
Word magic doesn't take them away. It actually looks for regular
spaces...)

The program is showing all supported format so I can select just what
I want. Without further success.

Currently running 1.3.3 build from 20Feb06 on Ubuntu. But I had the
same problem with 1.3.2.

Any clue?

Thanks!

Louis