[Scribus] Creation of PDFs in black and white

Rich Shepard rshepard
Mon Feb 20 23:31:50 CET 2006

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, James King wrote:

> ... however I've not been able to find a resolution on creating black &
> white PDFs from colour documents.

> My printer requests it this way, and I also like to prepare small web-based
> colour versions to be released after publication (so creating the layouts
> in B&W isn't an option).

James,

   I'm not sure why there's a problem. If you print your document on a laser
printer, for example, the images are rendered in grey scale, not color
(unless you have a color LaserJet, of course). Now, if all you have is an
inkjet printer, that's a horse of a different garage.

   Make two versions of your color images. The original, in color, for viewing
on computer monitors, and one in grey scale for printing. Use The GIMP to do
the conversion ... or Imagemagick's convert.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"