[Scribus] How do levels work?

Riku Leino tsoots
Sat Feb 18 02:05:49 CET 2006

Redefined Horizons wrote:
> I'm all messed up with the levels on a page. I think I can clear up my
> confusion with an answer to this question:
>
> Can more than one entity on a page occupy the same level?
no
> It seems like every time I move an entity to a level that already
> contains an entity, the entity previously on the layer gets bumped.
on the level, layer is another deal

Try it with a text frame and some other other frame, square or something.
Draw a square and from properties palette, shape tab click on the "text flows
around frame". Then draw a text frame on top of the square so that it fully
covers it and from the context menu insert sample text. Now the text frame is
on an upper level than the square below it so text doesn't flow. Now if you
choose Lower to bottom for the text frame it'll become the lowest element and
square will be on top of it so text now flows around the square.