[Scribus] Cannot Space Letters: 1.2.4.1

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Thu Feb 16 22:01:09 CET 2006

Rich Shepard a ?crit :

> On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
>
>> You have to place the cursor between the letters or select two or more
>> letters
>> to apply individual tracking.
>

> Christoph,
>
>   That's what I've been doing. I'll block 'TI' in Quantitatively and either
> that remains the same while the letter preceeding the 'T' increases in
> space,
> or I'll move the 'I' away, but cannot close the gap on the other side of
> the
> 'T'. I've spent more than a half-hour trying to get that one work properly
> spaced. You'll see the same thing with the 'T' and 'E' in Water on the line
> above.

Rich,

I am using 1.2 here. I have no issue with kern/track. I do as follow:
1. Select text frame
2. Pick Content Tool
3. Put the cursor between any 2 letters of your headline
4. Go to Properties>Text>Kerning
5. Apply any value, say 10 pts just for the sake of seeing whether
everything is ok.
You should see the difference.
As Christoph says, you can also select a few letters to apply an equal
value to more letter at a time.
This is a pretty straightforward feature. Unless there is something
wrong with your build, it should work fine.

HTH

Louis