[Scribus] Cannot Space Letters: 1.2.4.1

Rich Shepard rshepard
Thu Feb 16 19:13:23 CET 2006

   I've been trying to change the tracking on adjacent letters in a headline,
but without success. The letters are CTA; there is too much space between the
C and the T, and too little space betweeh the T and the A. Other T+letter
combinations have the same tight spacing.

   One problem is that I cannot enlarge the text view in the story editor (or,
I don't know how to do it), so it's a delicate operation to try to highlight
the proper two letters.

   Then, if I change the tracking of the C and T to -3 pts and the tracking
between the T and the A to +1.0 pts, the first two move further apart and the
latter two don't change.

   The font is Baker Signet 24pt, with small caps enabled.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"