[Scribus] Prefs>Miscellaneous ...

Rich Shepard rshepard
Tue Feb 14 17:30:09 CET 2006

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:

> I can think of two ways to make the situation clearer. The first would be
> to offer one dialog in which the user has the choice between applying the
> settings in general or only to the current document. The second is to place
> the document setup under preferences and give both items similar names, e.
> g. "scribus general setup" and "document setup". It would also be more
> consistent with many other apps to have both of them under "extras".

> I also found another issue: "baseline settings" are in "guides", while I
> was expecting them in the "typography" dialog. I don't know what others
> think about it, though.

   Allow me to suggest that all preferences and settings go in a single,
tabbed panel under Edit->Preferences. A number of applications have
preferences under Edit (which does make sense when we think about it), and
putting everything that is user configurable in one place removes all
confusion.

   Now, given the above, it would also make sense to have
Edit->Preferences->General and ->This document. Some preferences have a
broader focus than do others so separating them this way would help.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"