[Scribus] Hyphenation

Rich Shepard rshepard
Tue Feb 14 00:25:03 CET 2006

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, Louis Desjardins wrote:

> You're absolutely right. The ways to manage this are :
> 1. Relationship between point size of the font *and* the width of the
> column.

Louis,

   This is set by the newsletter template I found. The size of the body text
10 pt, and I don't want to go any smaller than that.

> 2. Number of hyphens allowed in a row (see Hyphenation settings for this)

   It's set to 2 in a row ... aha! I just set it to 3 and the problem went
away. That's made a difference in each article.

> AFAIK, 1.2.x is not better than 1.3.x on that one. Plus, 1.3.x is
> overwhelmly faster than 1.2.x at handling text from the little experience I
> had this week-end.

   At my early stage of familiarity I doubt that I'd notice any difference.

   Well, if the ctrl-- gets working, that would be a Good Thing.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"