[Scribus] compile the 1.3.2 / libfreetype???

PLinnell mrdocs
Thu Feb 9 23:29:14 CET 2006

On Thursday 09 February 2006 23:11, Owen wrote:
> Karl Sinn wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Am Donnerstag 9 Februar 2006 09:57 schrieb Craig Ringer:
> >>Please post a bug on bugs.scribus.net with your config.log
> >> attached. I'll have a look at it when I get back from holidays
> >> if nobody else does it first.
> >
> > Ups, I have to create an account...
> > Sounds scrry :-)
>
> It is very simple!  :-)
>
> > This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
> > running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.
> >
> > configure:4448: checking for FT_Get_Next_Char in -lfreetype
> > configure:4478: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lfreetype
> > -lfreetype -lz
> >
> >>&5
> >
> > /usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.0.2/../../../../i586-suse-linux/bi
> >n/ld: cannot find -lz
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > configure:4484: $? = 1
>
> Displaying my ignorance I would ask if you have libz and
> libz-dev(elopment) on your system?
>

> Owen

Hi,

It's actually zlib-devel on Suse.

Install that then rerun configure. If you have all the packages listed
in BUILDING in the source it should just work. Three devs have Suse
systems among others and it usually Just Works TM.

Peter