[Scribus] Color profiles for digital presses.

PLinnell mrdocs
Fri Feb 3 13:40:40 CET 2006

On Friday 03 February 2006 01:58, John R. Culleton wrote:
> iI have inquired of two well-known digital presses what ICC
> profiles they prefer for cover work. LS never responded and
> Fidlar-Doubleday wan't sure what I was asking about.
>
> If I use the Adobe standard ones, should I use the one for the
> web press or the sheet fed press?

I would use sheet fed Eurocoated or ISO coated or uncoated, depending
on paper stock used. But this is only for previews and that also
supposes an accurately profiled monitor. Otherwise turn color
management off. When a printer cannot respond correctly about
profiles used, that gives you a hint they are not using icc profiles
at all.

Peter