[Scribus] how to import cmyk-picture

Dominik Dominik.Holler
Thu Feb 2 20:09:23 CET 2006

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 03:33:57PM +0100, Craig Bradney wrote:
> On Thursday 02 February 2006 15:26, Dominik wrote:

> > > Yes, export to printer destination (it will convert everything to CMYK).
> >
> > is this ,,export to pdf" using Color: Printer (not Screen) ?
> > i will have a closer look at the produced pdf ( this can take some time
> > ...) - but i worry the image is still rgb
> > or you want to say i have to ,,print'' in a file ?
>
> Yes, export to PDF with colour setting printer (not screen).

i am unsure to answer you back:
i exported to PDF/X3, so parameter of colorspace is forced to be
,,Printer", next i uncompress the pdf using pdftk:
somewhre in the pdf i detect the folowing lines:
88 0 obj
<</N 3
/Length 3144

stream ....HLino..mntrRGB XYZ...sRGB IEC61966-2.1...
91 0 obj
<</Width 667
/BitsPerComponent 8
/Mask 90 0 R
/Height 453
/Intent /RelativeColorimetric
/Filter /DCTDecode
/Subtype /Image
/Length 33133
/ColorSpace [/ICCBased 88 0 R]
/Type /XObject

stream

i guess obj 88 0 is the sRGB profile, and obj 91 0 is my
picture, and i guess the line
/ColorSpace [/ICCBased 88 0 R]
means, that my picture is rgb

i am using scribus 1.3.2cvs - mayby this is my misstake ?

--
dominik.holler at gmx.net || PGP Key ID: FDEF2A0B