[Scribus] Graphics turn into black boxes

Plinnell mrdocs
Fri Dec 29 23:37:11 CET 2006

On Friday 29 December 2006 23:10, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 11:20:37 -0600
>
> "Steve Herrick" <estebandido at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've had this problem with PNGs. It happens on some PDF readers,
> > and not others. Until I hear otherwise, I will be converting all
> > graphics to JPG.
>
> I just looked at that pdf file with Acrobat Reader on Linux and it
> looks fine. The graphic is the graphic and not a black box like it
> is when viewed with xpdf or evince.
>
> That's interesting.

Hi,

This is a long known issue with xpdf, evince, gpdf and other viewers
excepting Acrobat Readers. They do not support transparency in all
cases.

Explanation: http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=pdfexport1

Peter