[Scribus] More fun with graphics

Frank Cox melville.theatre
Fri Dec 29 20:53:12 CET 2006

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 15:10:43 -0500
Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:

> If you're using FC6, there is some changes in CUPS that has messed up
> printing directly from Scribus. Try using the lp command in the Command box.

I just did some more experimenting.

Printing the original image from Scribus (the one without the heavy black lines
through the names and so on) comes out of the printer in about 30 seconds but
all I get is 3 gray-shaded bars part-way down the page.

Printing the image that I posted here (with the lines through the names) causes
the printer to apparently lock up.  The busy light starts flashing and
continues flashing regardless of whether I cancel the job or not.  I have left
it to run for well over an hour but nothing ever gets printed.  The only way to
get the busy light to stop flashing is to power-cycle the printer.

This occurs with a few different printers.  I have been trying it with my
Samsung 1210 but the people who asked me to look into this can't print it on
their Samsung, Lexmark, or HP printers.  Which is why they sent it to me to
investigate.

Can anyone print the Scribus document that I posted with the black lines?  I
have tried it putting lp in the Command box as well, with no change.

I am a bit hesitant to post the original image without the black lines because
it is someone's paycheque.