[Scribus] Open Source Software and Book Authors

Tobias Hilbricht hilbricht
Fri Dec 15 18:58:00 CET 2006

Am Freitag, den 15.12.2006, 05:25 -0800 schrieb wtb41:

>      b. Writer's PDF generator. I added small caps and oldstyle figures to
> my book's first chapter. I then used Writer's Export as PDF menu option to
> produce a PDF of the chapter. The PDF has multiple defects, all of which
> concern small caps. Each defect appears at first sight as tho a letter did
> not print (a missing-letter look).

No problem here with OpenOffice 2.0.2 and URW Palladio SC and Expert
Fonts. Added fonts with kcontrol - Fontinstallation *and* spadmin. PDF
output of OO writer with Small Caps as expected.

Yours sincerely

Tobias Hilbricht