[Scribus] HP Color LaserJet 8500 Postscript Driver will not alow me to print custom size media!

Plinnell mrdocs
Fri Dec 15 16:42:05 CET 2006

On Friday 15 December 2006 15:04, Jelle de Jong wrote:
> http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-Color_Laser
>Jet_8500
>
> Hello,
>
> I have a HP Color LaserJet 8500DN printer.
> And I want to print on a custom size media 21x16cm for example.
> But If i want to print from for example OpenOffice 2.0 I have to
> select a media type and there is no custom in the list. Zo it takes
> A5. If i print the printer gives a error of the incorrect media
> size he is detecting trough his guide of the manual input. The
> windows driver does have custom size media, but I don't want to use
> windows.
>
> How do I print on a custom size media.

We need more info to help you:

Platofrm/Distro
Version of Scribus
Version of CUPS
Version of Ghostscript

I know this is a 'real' postscript printer, not emulated Postscript,
so unless something in the configuration is wrong, it should handle
output directly from Scribus. In other words, your printer
configuration should pass the Postscript directly without
modification.

Peter