[Scribus] Open Source Software and Book Authors

Tobias Hilbricht hilbricht
Fri Dec 15 14:55:45 CET 2006

Am Freitag, den 15.12.2006, 05:25 -0800 schrieb wtb41:

> straight type, bulleted lists, numbered lists, and tables. I need the
> ability to automate the building of a table of contents and an index. In
> font (expert set)
> small caps, ligatures, and oldstyle figures
> PDF with embedded fonts

> The bottom line: It appears as tho the open source community does not now
> offer an application that will meet my current needs regarding my book's
> publication. Your thoughts on the matter will be appreciated.

TeX and its derivatives such as LaTeX or ConTeXt are Open Source and can
do everything you pointed out above and much more.

Which version of OpenOffice are you referring to regarding your problem
with small caps in PDFs?

Yours sincerely

Tobias Hilbricht