[Scribus] Survey: using tabs when alignment is other than 'left'

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Wed Dec 13 17:10:00 CET 2006

Andreas Vox a ?crit :

> Hi folks!
>
> I've a question for the users: how should tabs work in justified,
> right-aligned or centered paragraphs?

Hi Andreas,

We do have lots of use for tabs in any kind of alignments for paragraphs.

Basically, I would welcome no rectriction on the use of tabs.

We need exact control and this is what we get with tabs.

Why would we use a tab in a center justified text? With filled
characters we could set up lines of a form to be filled, for instance,
and want those lines to be center aligned.

We use tabs to make any kind of lists (includind bulleted and numbered
lists, and even theatre dialogues) and for this we need flexibility with
the alignment.

HTH

Louis