[Scribus] OSX/Windows binaries-scrapbook differences

Grant Bloedow grant
Tue Dec 12 16:58:04 CET 2006

I am trying to set up a manner to distribute a Scrapbooks of image
libraries for use with Scribus. I've run into a little bit of a
glitch and can't figure this one out. I've used the downloaded binary
installers for both platforms with version 1.3.2.

On the PC, any directory with the proper XML file describing the
contents of a directory will index as a scrapbook when opened.

In the OSX version, the scrapbook appears to not open a directory the
same and instead is looking for a .SCS file.

Is this a difference in the platforms, or are these two versions not
the same? I was hoping to simply have an extractable archive of the
directory that could be accessed by browsing to it when "Opening" a
new scrapbook. It doesn't appear to function that way with the OSX
binary install.

Anyone experienced in both platforms who has a solution or insight
would be greatly appreciated.

--
Grant Bloedow
IS/IT Manager - Ace Label Systems, Inc.