[Scribus] Ubuntu and Scribus

Roger hovergo
Mon Dec 11 01:43:30 CET 2006

in the Scribus directory I ran ./configure, report as follows.
Seems like Breezy doesnt have a lot of required software.

I ran the EXPORTs as mentioned in the Setup and configure pages
What am I doing wrong.

Thanks
Roger

checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
checking for -p flag to install... yes
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no
not using lib directory suffix
checking for extra includes... no
checking for extra libs... no
checking for style of include used by make... none
checking for g++... no
checking for c++... no
checking for gpp... no
checking for aCC... no
checking for CC... no
checking for cxx... no
checking for cc++... no
checking for cl... no
checking for FCC... no
checking for KCC... no
checking for RCC... no
checking for xlC_r... no
checking for xlC... no
  checking for C++ compiler default output file name... configure: error: C++ compiler cannot create
executables
See `config.log' for more details.