[Scribus] baseline troubles

Steve Herrick estebandido
Wed Dec 6 17:45:45 CET 2006

On 12/6/06, Louis Desjardins <louis_desjardins at mardigrafe.com> wrote:

> Well... The issue is cristal clear.
>
> It looks like a bug but I have currently no way of reproducing this.

Really? It seems like a simple situation to reproduce.

It certainly does look like a bug. However, it is not consistent. This
problem occurs on some pages, and not on others, even though I use the
same paragraph style on all of them. When I remove the paragraph
style, the problem goes away. When I put it back, the problem returns.

I could work around this by simply setting the text characteristics by
hand, except that the "Align to Baseline Grid" button on the
properties palette doesn't seem to work.

> Did you try with "lock to grid" turned off? What's the result?

The text goes back to looking proper... until a graphic takes up an
entire column. Then the offset is different for each column, and the
lines of text no longer line up.

--
Steve Herrick

"Money will not make you happy, and happy will not make you money."
- Groucho Marx