[Scribus] Book guts and cover

Calum Polwart scribus
Wed Dec 6 12:54:19 CET 2006

I'd suggest scribus is not the man for the job?

I'd use an imposition tool (multivalent could easily do this  :
multivalent.sourceforge.net ).  Its command line but if you play with
say the first few pages - check the output - tweak the command and
repeat then its OK.  Just re-use the command and edit it.

Then I'd restrict Scribus to the cover.

Otherwise you are looking at either scripting something or manually
placing each pdf page in frame on each page...  Noting also that scribus
doesn't import PDF in an editable format - it'll make the docuemnt grow
very large.

In the future Scribus will impose - but not yet.  And even then I'm not
sure why you'd want to crack a nut with a sledge hammer!!

Calum