[Scribus] file format 1.3.3.x and 1.3.4

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Dec 5 17:37:23 CET 2006

Axel Bojer wrote:

> Sure :-)
> But unfortunately, last time i checked, there is none for
> debian-ish + amd64 :-(
>
> So I installed from the source :-)

In which case if you specified no prefix to cmake / configure, Scribus
will have installed in the /usr/local tree (/usr/local/bin,
/usr/local/share/scribus, etc). A `find /usr/local -name \*scribus\*'
should find most if not all files and directories installed by Scribus.

> Thats not a big problem ... as long as you learn how to do it and don't
> have a fear of comand lines :-)
> Just if I had wanted to unistall, then it seems like I would have a problem.
>
> Would be very nice if some remove script also was present for normal
> tar-packages, but, well, I know ... lots of other important things to do
> too.

Because no unified system is tracking "ownership" of the installed
files, any such script would have too much risk of removing other things
by accident. That's not OK, so we leave it up to the user.

If you want it easily removed, just use a unique prefix at installation
time so there's just one directory you can rm -rf . This is described in
the install instructions.

--
Craig Ringer