[Scribus] How to set PDF bookmark and comments?

Plinnell mrdocs
Thu Aug 31 22:16:43 CEST 2006

On Thursday 31 August 2006 21:03, Torn?ci L?szl? wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I cannot make pdf bookmarks. I created a few pages and text boxes
> with some text. I right clicked on the text boxes and set "PDF
> Options | is PDF bookmark" to on. This is under linux, scribus
> v1.3.3.3 built from source. After creating the PDF there isn't any
> bookmark in it (using Adobe Reader 7.0.8 on linux or 7.0.7 on
> windows).
> What am I doing wrong?

Nothing  - except forgetting to check " Include Boomarks" on the first
tab in the middle of the PDF Export dialog. I just tested and
bookmarks seem to have a limitation of length, but they do work -
even with Arabic text. I have habitually made bookmarks separate text
frames and limited them to about 20 characters.

> Another question: Adobe Reader shows a tab labeled "Comments". How
> can I set these comments in Scribus?

Not yet, it is a PDF 1.5 or 1.6 feature which we need to enable when
exporting PDF.

Peter