[Scribus] PDF in Image Frame and DPI

Helge Hielscher hhielscher
Thu Aug 31 01:25:33 CEST 2006

Hello Gregory Pittman,

thanks a lot you for your answers.

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 23:09:43 -0400, Gregory Pittman wrote:

> Helge Hielscher wrote:
>> where does one change the DPI of PDF-files that get imported via "Get
>> Image..."? Here it defaults to 72dpi without an obvious way to change
>> the resolution. Am I missing a preference somewhere?
>>
> Imported PDFs or other images are displayed within Scribus as a
> convenience and not (necessarily) at the final resolution. The default for
> images of any kind is to be imported to "full size" -- change the scaling
> in Properties > Image tab, where it shows the DPI as you do this.

If I change the dpi value in the properties the PDF-image gets resized,
that does not make sense.

> Output DPI is set in the PDF export requestor.

Oh, thank you. So that means I have to resample all images in the
document, right? Unfortunately ghostscript takes to much memory
when it converts the PDF, but already at 500 dpi the fonts are rendered
with much more detail.
But still I guess I have to figure out a better way to import figures
made with corel draw.

> Display resolution can be
> set in File > Preferences > Tools > Image.

Are you refering to "On screen preview"? That is the same as the "preview
settings" in the context menu. What does low/normal/full resolution stand
for?

Regards,
Helge