[Scribus] Ghostscript file missing, etc

bm beate.mueller
Tue Aug 29 14:11:34 CEST 2006

sorry to come up with old starter-problems:

> Von: avox <avox at arcor.de>
> Datum: 12. August 2006 15:38:04 MESZ

>> in the FAQs I found the question what to do if an error message occurs
>> while starting Scribus: "Ghostscript files not installed" - and there
>> is a link instead of an answer - but the link leads to something about
>> the preferences. Now I don't understand what one has to do with the
>> other - or simply speeking: what do I have to do exactly? Chance the
>> prefs ? But change into what? How? Why?
>>

> If you have installed the Ghostscript framework from
> http://aqua.scribus.net
> you still have to tell Scribus where to find it in
> Preferences->External
> Tools.

I have tried to tell it in "Einstellungen"/ External Tools, where it
said something about the postscript - and changed it to the Ghostscript
exe-file (which was probably wrong; anyway I am using an AppleMac) and
now I cannot get into "Einstellungen" again to reset it, not at all. Do
I have to reload Scribus and and start again?
Sorry to be so daft, I have little time to make may way into this new
world of open cource software, but I am trying...
Thanx!
Bea