[Scribus] [Inkscape-devel] MSI Packages

Jon Phillips jon
Mon Aug 28 21:42:33 CEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 16:03 +0100, Antony J Mee wrote:
> Dear Scribus & Inkscape developers,
>
> I love both your applications and would like to encourage my colleagues
> and students to use them.
> I notice that the OpenOffice team have now made their Windows version
> into an MSI package
> which will greatly ease the adoption of the package in University
> departments for example
> (which more commonly nowadays)  often run WIndows Domains with
> centralized installation
> systems.
>
> Any chance you guys would consider doing the same?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> tOnY

Hi tOnY, there is already a windows installer for Inkscape at least. I
hope you can use that. It is NSIS-based, which is an open source
installer. MSI is not an open source installer. Thus, you can see why we
use NSIS, which many consider more effective...

You can find this installer (.nsi) on our
http://sf.net/projects/inkscape/ files page.

Thanks,
Jon

--