[Scribus] Scribus 1.3.3 on Ubuntu Dapper, AMD 64, crashes on text import

Axel Bojer axelb
Fri Aug 25 01:00:11 CEST 2006

Hello!
Thanks for alle the different contributions on making Scribus a better
(and capable) desktop publishing program. I have now decides to try if I
could manage without Pagemaker 7.0 and do everything in it did in
Scribus. Important is, that I now (with Scribus 1.3.3 from
http://ubuntu.moshen.de) can import my old fonts and use CMYK. (Look
forward to the day also Gimp will do this perfectly). But I came across
a sad problem on this, I hope someone know how to solve this.

When I try to import a odt-file from OOo 2.0.3 the following happens:
(The following are translated from norwegian, so it may be a bit
different from what is written in the english version)

1. I mark my textframe and ...
2. Go to ?File - import - get Text? and find my odt-file. Then ...
3. I get a dialog with the question: Choose a conversion filter

So far nothing wrong, but, wait! The box is empty! I can not choose a
single fileformat, because no matter if I try to use the dropdown tool,
it still shows nothing. If I just close my eyes and press ?Ok?, hoping
Scribus will know what to do, then the program chrashes with the
following remark to me:

4. Scribus is crashing because of signal #11.

I suppose that something is just wrong with the linking between scribus,
openoffice and the file properties, but I dont know how to correct this :-(

I also, for testing it, tried with a perfectly new document with just
one textframe and did the same, but used a very simple txt-document. And
exactly the same happend again :-/

Both documents managed the same task in scribus 1.2.4 (standard ubuntu
dapper build). The number 3 above then never occured at all.
I also am perfecttly able to paste text in a frame from those very same
documents, but then, of course, all my formatting is lost.

Perhaps this bug: http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3613
is related to it?

Any ideas anyone?

Best regards