[Scribus] .doc

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Thu Aug 24 18:34:28 CEST 2006

karlgren a ?crit :

> My reason is, of course, to show it for others and get response via
> e-mail. And PDF is too big. Perhaps I will go back to OO...?

In fact, it all depends on what you want to achieve in terms of final
work as well as workflow. If you need people to edit back and forth and
your publication is purely (or mostly) text-oriented and not layout
oriented, then OO.o might suit better your needs. Otherwise, you can
have your colleagues install Scribus on their computer too and do the same.

Do that only if you need others to edit your file. Otherwise, dig a bit
more into PDF. It's worth it. There are many settings that can help
reduce significantly the size of a PDF file. Look into the PDF export
dialog and you'll find all relevant infos in the tooltips (let the mouse
over any menu a second or so and the tooltip will show-up).

HTH

Louis