[Scribus] PDF Export -- Searchable Text?

Plinnell mrdocs
Thu Aug 24 09:46:11 CEST 2006

On Thursday 24 August 2006 04:46, Jennifer Baughman wrote:
> Would someone be able to tell me if there is a plan to implement
> searchable text in exported PDFs? There are list mails from 2004
> indicating that's not possible with the 1.2.x builds, but I'm
> wondering if it has been (or is going to be) implemented in the
> 1.3.3.x or 1.3.4+ versions. If not, is there a workaround?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jennifer Baughman

1.3.x is no different and probably will remain that way until we redo
certain parts of the PDF export.

Why is this so ?

The way text in PDF is laid by Scribus is not efficient  - we know
this.  However, this gives us extremely precise glyph location, so
the layout matches on screen.

Workarounds ? None that I know of at the moment.

We've taken the position that fidelity in print is the overwhelming
priority over searchability.

Peter