[Scribus] 1.3.3.4 and higher - version management questions

Gustavo Homem gustavo
Sat Aug 19 15:49:28 CEST 2006

Hi Riku,

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 16:32:01 +0300, Riku Leino <tsoots at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Gustavo,
>
> Gustavo Homem wrote:
>> My question is: when a bug is fixed on 1.3.X and it is then backported
>> 1.3.3.Y, what will the "fixed in" field say about it?
>
> My answer was: use cvs log with dates/branch names/tags related to the
> version
> you want info about.

This is acceptable for a development version only.

However for a stable version the development process should ensure that the oficial changelog is allways complete.

This is essential so that people with production setups may easily identify the relevant test scenarios on each stable version upgrade, since no one can afford performing end-to-end tests on each release.

Best regards
Gustavo

> Best regards
> Riku
Angulo S?lido - Tecnologias de Informa??o
http://angulosolido.pt