[Scribus] tiff problem compiling 1.3.4 CVS

Terry Brown terry_n_brown
Tue Aug 15 18:02:35 CEST 2006

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006, Craig Bradney wrote:

> On Tuesday 15 August 2006 16:55, Craig Bradney wrote:
>> On Tuesday 15 August 2006 16:20, Terry Brown wrote:
>>> gcc version 4.0.1 (4.0.1-5mdk for Mandriva Linux release 2006.0)
>>>
>>> Scribus> rpm --query libtiff3 libtiff3-devel
>>> libtiff3-3.6.1-12mdk
>>> libtiff3-devel-3.6.1-12mdk
>>>
>>> first fabs() wasn't declared in scope somewhere, so I just wrote a
>>> fabs() function in that file :)
>>>
>>> Then
>>>
>>> scimgdataloader_tiff.cpp: In member function 'virtual void
>>> ScImgDataLoader_TIFF::loadEmbeddedProfile(const QString&)':
>>> scimgdataloader_tiff.cpp:40: error: 'TIFF' was not declared in this
>>> scope
>>> scimgdataloader_tiff.cpp:40: error: 'tif' was not declared in this
>>> scope
>>> scimgdataloader_tiff.cpp:40: error: 'TIFFOpen' was not declared in
>>> this scope
>>> scimgdataloader_tiff.cpp:45: error: 'TIFFTAG_ICCPROFILE' was not
>>>
>>> etc. etc.
>>>
>>> is there some other TIFF requirement, or a simple config flag to
>>> disable TIFFs?
>>
>> No, whats happened is that I have split up some files and deliberately not
>> included all the old includes that I didn't need to compile Scribus.. other
>> members have readded those that they needed and I'll add TIFF to that file
>> as it should have been there.
>
> Hmm it is there so I'm not sure re tiff..

could it be it's not finding my libtiff devel... I'll do a clean
config / make...

ooops, my mistake, I think because I didn't run configure again
after installing libtiff3-devel-3.6.1-12mdk

So if configure was supposed to not compile tiff code if it didn't
find libtiff3-devel, it failed, but with libtiff3-devel present it
works.  I think libtiff is listed as recommended rather than
required, but of course you'd want it in usually.

> and what file needed the cmath
> include for fabs?

curvewidget.cpp

> thanks