[Scribus] Insert->Frame.. was: Re: Several reasons why columns will stay per frame in Scribus; was: Why do?

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Aug 15 03:23:57 CEST 2006

Craig Bradney wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For those of you who followed this thread, and run 1.3.4cvs, do you have any u
> input on the current dialog I've been working on accessible via
> Insert->Frame.. ? (No its not finished yet..)

Looks interesting. I like some of the options in particular, like making
the frame the same a page size. I've been making a presentation with
Scribus the last several days and could have used something like this.

One question I have already is whether this could be set up to work from
a keyboard command -- you set your various parameters, then later just
hit (eg) Ctrl-T, and your custom text frame appears on the current page.
Another feature I can imagine making use of would be to have something
like  a stack of settings saved. I might have T-frame-A, T-frame-B,
T-frame-C, and could jump from one to the other as I worked my way down
the document, without having to reset parameters each time. I can
imagine this also working with the keyboard -- if I have a stack saved,
pressing Ctrl-T shows me a little palette window with the list (could be
custom named just like Master Pages), then I use the arrows to go up and
down the list, then press Enter to select. I think this is the kind of
thing that those who are making many-page documents could really benefit
from.

Greg