[Scribus] EXTREME speed and other issues with 1.3.3.3

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Fri Aug 11 00:59:07 CEST 2006

Am Freitag, 11. August 2006 00:24 schrieb Craig Bradney:
> On Friday 11 August 2006 00:05, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > maybe one of the developers can explain what's going on my machine. I
> > have Scribus 1.2.4.1, 1.2.5, 1.3.3.3 and 1.3.4cvs installed. While the
> > speed issues with 1.2x and text are as ever (acceptable), it's almost
> > impossible to do anything useful with 1.3.3.3. Simply opening a dialog or
> > selecting an item takes literally minutes. And this is no huge file,
> > three pages, one of them still empty, the other ones with a few text
> > frames, some of which contain only a few words plus some empty image
> > frames.
>
> No.. 1.3.3.3 is perfectly usable here.
>
> > It can't be a memory issue, since it happens even with no other app open,
> > and I have 1.5 GB of RAM.
> >
> > And not only that, ALL Scribus versions here (SuSE 10.1) corrupt files
> > when saving, or "forget" to save changes. I must have lost a whole day of
> > work already due to this behaviour. Has anyone made similar experiences?
> > I assume this must be a SuSE 10.1 bug, because I didn't see any of these
> > issues before on older versions.
>
> Are you sure your memory is all ok? Never had that issue here.
>
> Craig

Hi Craig,

see my previous reply to Peter. Meanwhile, I was able to narrow down the issue
a bit. It's only former 1.2x files which had been loaded into 1.3.3.1 and
saved in the 1.3 format that cause the problems. See:
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=4082

The issue with unsaved changes or corrupted files, however remain. I'll try to
narrow this down as well.

Christoph